Monday, February 27, 2012

Task 4A


When reading the task reader I had so many ideas for lines of enquiry, thing I want to learn about the industry, about how I can look after myself as a dancer, how I can pass my knowledge on to others in either the form of performance or through teaching and choreographing. I have always been interested in teaching and working with children however this has never been part of my ideal plan, it was always a fall back option. I have seen that many people on the course are working more towards the teaching side and I was struggling to find how I could steer my work to what I initially want to do with my career. As I have said before my ambition is to set up my own contemporary dance company, however, this is looking quite far into my future.

Through looking at Emily Brenchley’s blog and looking back at Task 2D I can now see a line of enquiry that will help towards the managerial side of running a company but will also help my current practice (as a performer).

What skills/experience do I need to gain in order to effectively run a company?
            HR?
            Financing?
            Advtertising?

What are the sociological issues within a company?

How can I start to build up my network in order to gain the support of other professionals to set up my company?

How do the pressures of working in this industry affect a dancer psychologically?

Is the industry too obsessed with image?

How can I keep my health and fitness on point to have a lengthy career?


Are these questions still too broad and are they too irrelevant to my current practice? I would appreciate any feedback and if anyone else is looking in to similar lines of inquiry it would be great to hear from you so with can start to bounce ideas and thoughts off each other as part of a SIG.

Emily  

No comments:

Post a Comment